CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 RESPONSE
Akamai Recovery Maui is committed to maintaining the highest quality service to its clients, even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have returned to Zoom group sessions, but will continue to monitor the public health situation to ensure
we are operating in the safest way possible for our staff and clients.
What is Addiction?
Addiction is defined by the American Society of Addiction Medicine as "a treatable, chronic medical disease involving complex interactions among brain circuits, genetics, the environment, and an individual's life experiences. People with addiction use substances or engage in behaviors that become compulsive and often continue despite harmful consequences. Prevention efforts and treatment approaches for addiction are generally as successful as those for other chronic diseases."
Akamai Recovery Maui Knows
- Addiction is a treatable disease.
- Extended treatment programs provide the best opportunity for recovery.
- Family involvement can be pivotal to a person's recovery.
- We focus on building a recovery support network; participating in 12-step groups are optional.
- Our professional therapists provide an innovative approach to individualized treatment plans to ensure that every person receives compassionate and comprehensive care.
- Providing a seamless transition between treatment services reduces the risk of relapse and increases long term success in recovery.
- Everyone affected by drug and alcohol addiction benefits from the opportunity for healing; people can and do recover.
Our Mission Statement
Akamai Recovery Maui aspires to be a preeminent addiction and mental health provider. In realizing this vision we seek to:
- Offer an array of addiction, mental health, and other human services to promote the well-being of our residents and island community.
- Plan for future growth by maintaining sound financial practices.
- Provide a rewarding workplace thereby becoming an “employer of choice” for those seeking careers on our island.
- Hire highly competent, warm, welcoming, and creative people.
- Initiate collaborative relationships with many community partners to identify areas of need and deliver services of exceptional quality that build the resiliency of our people.
Our Treatment Objectives
- Goal setting and completion
- Implementing and continuing new routines
- Mindfulness meditation practice proficiency
- An understanding of cognitive behavior therapy
- Narcan education administration
- Trigger identification and management
- Stress reduction and coping skills
- Insomnia treatment without medications
- Physical well being and nutrition
- Sober community support
- Increased self-awareness
Akamai Recovery Maui is proud to have received its CARF Accreditation in 2017 for Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions Programs: Day Treatment, Intensive Outpatient Treatment, and Outpatient Treatment.